I confess it as a besetting infirmity of mine that I am too much of an Eudaemonist: I hanker too much after a state of happiness, both for myself and others.
—Thos. de Quincey,
Confessions of an English Opium Eater
You are not alone in finding this site confusing. A few pointers:
- As of this moment, I don’t do much here, but what there is, is kept in the archives: these are currently as comprehensive as they possibly can be. They are inspected regularly for unnecessary relevance, which is rigorously scrubbed away.
- Books interest me, so I keep track of what I read, and also I’ve put some otherwise unavailable texts online. An incomplete catalogue of the household library is available. There is also a list of books I am perhaps planning to read someday, which is kept relatively up to date.
- Some of the things that I used to post on social media have been or are in the processing of being moved to the archives here (e.g., Instagram and Twitter).
- Information about the author: none, save what is implied throughout. There is no mystery. There is, however, a disclaimer, which I am sure you will find illuminating.
Point of Interest
This site takes its name from the above quotation; as it applies to myself, it is as true as anything else. Regarding the indefinite article, allow me to assure you I did not give the perhaps unnecessary ‘n’ much thought. This is typical.
There used to be a colophon, but I got rid of it. This is also typical.
· Boris Dralyuk · eiger, mönch & jungfrau · the endless bookshelf · erasing · flowerville · I’ve been reading lately · languagehat · metameat · notebooks · novel readings · popscratch · pseudopodium · punctured lines · time’s flow stemmed · waggish · a working library · wuthering expectations ·
· PF ·