I confess it as a besetting infirmity of mine that I am too much of an Eudaemonist: I hanker too much after a state of happiness, both for myself and others.
– Thos. de Quincey,
Confessions of an
English Opium Eater
Point of Interest
This site takes its name from the above quotation; as it applies to myself, it is as true as anything else. Regarding the indefinite article, allow me to assure you I did not give the perhaps unnecessary ‘n’ much thought. This is typical.
As it can be difficult to find things without a map, I thought it would be helpful to point out where things are:
- As of this moment, I don’t do much here, but what there is, is kept in the archives: these are currently as comprehensive as they possibly can be. They are inspected regularly for unnecessary relevance, which is rigorously scrubbed away.
- Books interest me, so I keep track of what I read, and also I’ve put some otherwise unavailable texts online.
- Information about the author: none, save what is implied throughout.
- Preferred occupations: idleness, reading, taking pictures, and more pictures.
- Favorite publishers: Broadview & Persephone Books & Deep Vellum
Colophon & Accessibility Statement